Love food? Love data? We want to hear from you! We are actively recruiting for a Data Scientist to join our client’s team based in Vaughan, Ontario.
We’re looking to fill our team with disruptors, influencers, builders, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and creative; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
To Apply: Please send your resume with a brief summary of your qualifications for this role to email@example.com and put “Data Scientist” in the subject line.
- Take a role in shaping the big-data architecture and infrastructure that will enable future technologies and underpin our digital transformation
- Choose your own destiny and assist with designing and implementing our data science platform
- Analyze, interpret and use machine learning and data mining algorithms on the enormous amount of behavioral and transactional data
- Analyze performance statistics at an extremely detailed level and present insights and recommendations to teammates
- Recommend new experiments supported by your analysis and research
- Dissect customer and operations data to identify opportunities to increase revenues, guest satisfaction and operational improvements
- Write code to implement your experiments
- Work closely with analysts, engineers and the business to bring your experiments to life
- Solve a wide variety of complex problems as they arise that will often require significant analysis of our data, research and deep thinking
- Lead brainstorming sessions with your teammates to determine opportunities for improvement and experiments
- Masters/PhD degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
- Strong familiarity with various machine learning & statistical techniques
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to describe results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Proficiency in Python or R or other data manipulation or analysis languages; software development experience is a plus
- Experience working with relational data via SQL; experience with NoSQL and big data technologies such as MongoDB, Spark and Hadoop a plus
- Ability to work in both Windows and *nix environments
- Experience in retail and restaurant analytics is a bonus
- Experience using and implementing visualization tools like D3, Tableau or Qlikview is a bonus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org