Our client is seeking a Senior PHP developer to contribute to a large-scale eCommerce platform, supporting millions of guests, thousands of orders per day and millions of site visits and page views sound interesting? You will apply cutting-edge development technologies to solve scale and integration problems and build high-demand, multi-threaded eCommerce applications. You will apply your existing PHP knowledge to a large-scale real-time eCommerce platform through the design, implementation, and support of new and existing eCommerce features.
- Work collaboratively with team members to clarify business requirements, create comprehensive and viable designs with effort estimations.
- Creating documentation for new features and application changes
- Supporting our QA team in testing your features formally (test scenarios) as well as informally.
- Working with our infrastructure team to debug issues as they arise in production.
- Innovating new solutions and researching new technologies that may complement the eCommerce site
- Strong command of English, both written and spoken.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Very strong object-oriented design skills and expert PHP skills.
- 5 years of software development experience, solid understanding of PHP concepts coupled with real- world working experience
- 3-5 years of experience building web-based solutions utilizing jQuery, HTML5, JS, server and client side software
- Strong experience with database design and must be comfortable writing SQL queries.
- Experience with high-performance, multi-threaded or distributed computing environments a plus.
- Must be able to take initiative on projects and proactively offer suggestions and/or resolutions.
- Creative thinker, proactive, team player, and success-oriented who delivers on commitments.
- Experience developing using Agile (Scrum) software development methodologies
- Experience in test-driven development
- Expertise developing products using XML, XPath, and XSD Schemas
- Complete understanding of the full product development lifecycle (design, development and testing)
Strongly Desirable Assets
- Experience building applications using Node.js or other comparable web application frameworks
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org