The Data Architect is responsible for designing data architecture which includes data architecture diagrams, modeling services to projects and application maintenance teams, and the implementation of data models. This role is also responsible for identifying emerging concepts and technologies for delivering efficient data services. The role will champion sound data architecture and modeling standards and practices at Foresters.
Working on multiple projects, the Data Architect will facilitate the collection of information requirements, as well as the development and management of conceptual, logical and physical data models to support the data needs of the business community. Working with the business, the Data Architect is responsible for defining, modeling, and for ensuring the definitions are granular and pragmatic enough to allow business processes to be performed efficiently and effectively.
- Manage and maintain the data models – develop and maintain both operational and business intelligence conceptual, logical and physical data models. Control data model changes through active involvement throughout the project lifecycle, as well as reviewing and approving data designs.Work with DBA’s to ensure optimum data performance
- Data analysis and provide estimates on data solutions
- Support meta data management, data stewardship, data quality management, data governance
- Ensure data solutions adhere to EA standards and principles
- Support DBA’s and Architects to provide the best data solutions to meet in-flight and strategic project needs
- Partner with Business Analysts to gather business, data and reporting requirements and translate the business needs into logical data structures
- Research and proof of concept project on data architecture. Represent I.T. regarding its achievements in technology deployment, operations and future directions at various industry forums. Lead technical performance assessment of technologies and systems.
- University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications
- 7 or more years of IT experience with at least 5 years in data architecture
- Proven experience in data modeling, proficient in data modeling tools, preferably Erwin
- Strong verbal and written business and technical communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain knowledge of data management, IT infrastructure architecture, standards and practices and consistently apply these standards accordingly
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), XML; exposure in SOAP, web services; data security
- Knowledge in architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF, Zachman, etc.
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies including RUP, Agile, Extreme Programming, SDLC, and Waterfall
- Strong DBMS knowledge in SQL Server, Teradata, Oracle, DB2
- Working knowledge in Data Lake
- Familiarity in Big Data and related technologies
- Strong understanding and working knowledge on Microsoft database products such as SSRS, SSIS, SQL DW, PowerBI
- Good understanding and knowledge in ETL and Informatica products
- 5+ years in Data Modeling at conceptual, logical, and physical levels
- Familiarity with infrastructure domains such as Wintel Servers, Virtualization Technologies, Windows OS, Active Directory
- Experience with reporting tools, such as MicroStrategy, Tableau
- Ability to map technology to business problems and vice-versa
- Ability to lead and inspire others through conviction and vision able to market solutions and exercise influence through the power of ideas rather than by mandate
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to facilitate technical reviews or design sessions
- Superior analytical/problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Effective time-management with the ability to work under constantly changing conditions and tight deadlines
- Insurance business knowledge
- Technical workshop facilitation
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org