Stafflink Toronto IT Staffing Company
Our client is seeking a Manager, IT Infrastructure to join a dynamic team of network, security, and compute professionals as part of a global team. You have previous hands-on experience with a variety of technologies and can lead, mentor and motivate a team to deliver outstanding results. You are not afraid of a challenge and use your R&D skills to find solutions to complex problems. You are not satisfied to simply “keep the lights on”, you want to push the environment to its limits and delivery excellent results. Travel to our Brampton office is required.
- Provide effective management and supervision to direct reports, oversee technicians and support personnel and work effectively with the management team.
- Coordinate IT technical support resources, oversee installation and upgrading of hardware and software.
- Mentor and provide leadership to local and remote IT team members.
- Perform formal and informal performance reviews of direct reports. Keep team well informed of changes within the organization.
- Responsible for management and support of network infrastructure, domain, network security, datacenters, telecom, messaging and cellular services for all stakeholders.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of major modifications to the Company’s infrastructure, aligned with change management policies.
- Ongoing management of network security, ensuring that the interaction between IT and Business processes are effective
- Current knowledge of networking equipment, VOIP & voice gateways, firewalls
- Cloud / Compute
- Experience managing a variety of cloud-based technologies, including Azure, Office 365, G-Suite
- Current knowledge on SAN, physical and virtual server environments
- Previous experience managing Microsoft Licensing in an Office 365 environment
Service Excellence & Improvement
- Appropriate escalations to maintain uptime and SLAs to deliver quality end-user experience.
- Identify and analyze chronic problem areas and work with partners to oversee and deliver resolutions to enhance quality of service through future problem prevention.
- Perform on-going reviews of the corporate IT infrastructure and security and to align with best practices, IT policy compliance and audit controls, with a view to make improvements.
- Demonstrated track record of quality and efficiency improvements
- Conduct research on emerging products and best practices to support the business use of technology
- Research and recommend tools to improve the efficiency of the IT environment across Network, Compute, Cloud and end-user resources
- Provide direction to the IT team to optimize IT operations.
- Problem solving
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to exceptional results
- Technical skills including networking, security, on-premises, virtualization, and cloud-based solutions
- Project management
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in simple form for all levels of the organization
- University Degree in Business or Computer Science with a
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the maintenance and support of technology environments
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- Experiencewith the administration of AD, servers, storage, data/VOIP networks, hybrid cloud, and security, operational support and service delivery
After Hours Availability: The Manager, IT Operations is required to be available after hours for emergency contact and to support the team during any significant upgrades or project implementations
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com