Mobile Media Visionary, Champion of Young Entrepreneurs
While he was a still a student at University of Waterloo, Kunal Gupta co-founded two organizations that are still going strong today:
- Polar Mobile, a mobile app development company that has created over 1200 apps for clients like the Wired, GQ, Glamour and CBC Sports.
- The Impact Entrepreneurship group which he formed to foster a spirit of entrepreneurship among students. The annual Impact National Conference brings together 500 high school and university students from across Canada.
The Idea that Sparked a Mobile App Empire
While Kunal was still a student at Waterloo University, Kunal had an idea:
“The idea was to leverage software and the promise of Smartphones to create a platform that made it easy to publish content to a connected device. “This was before the iPhone existed, a year before anyone really knew what an ‘App’ was,” Gupta says.” From this post by Erin Bury on Sprouter.com
The Idea That Sparks Countless Young Entrepreneurs
- Co-founded Polar Mobile as a part-time job while a he was a student at Waterloo University
- Developed a global brand for Polar Mobile, 1200 Aps and 11M subscribers
- Has a team of 50 mobile developers based in Toronto
- Founded the Impact Entrepreneur group to create a new generation of entrepreneurs
- Recognized as a Global Citizen by the United Nations, Alumnus of the Year at Shad Valley and Ernst & Young’s Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year
Kunal is Toronto Tech Royalty
Kunal has been featured numerous times on Techvibes.com. The image for this post is from this post by Dan Verhaeghe.